The Metro West Fire Protection District has been serving the community since 1934. It was organized as the Community Fire Association from in 1934.
In 1957, district leaders began laying the foundation of the volunteer association that would bring a bright future. In 1957, the Volunteer Association was dissolved when the citizens voted to form the Ballwin Fire Protection District.
As more areas incorporated into cities (Ellisville, Clarkson Valley, Wildwood) we changed our name to meet the growing needs of the community and better represent our jurisdictional boundaries. On April 9, 1993, the name of the organization was changed to the Metro West Fire Protection District. Still serving the same 57 1/2 square miles, we provide services to all or portions of Ballwin, Chesterfield, Clarkson Valley, Castlewood, Ellisville, Sherman, Wildwood, Winchester, and unincorporated St. Louis County. As we continue to grow, we strive to provide the best human resources, tools and equipment to meet the needs of the citizens.
We firmly believe that our organizations fire suppression, paramedic/EMS, rescue, all hazards preparedness/injury prevention, emergency management, and specialty services make us standout as a leader in our profession. The reason for this is that those that established the foundation of Metro West did do with deliberate purpose. The community we serve has always been and will always be the primary focus of our mission.