The Metro West Firefighters Community Outreach has devoted itself to caring for the community through a variety of avenues.
Resident Assistance: Outreach has stepped forward to assist residents unable to provide for day-to-day living. In some instances, monetary donations were given to help purchase food, pay utility bills or to complete home repairs which were allowing for unsafe living conditions. In other cases, school supplies, into the house or other assistance items were supplied.
School Partnerships: Outreach has partnered with elementary and middle schools within the Metro West Fire Protection District. Working with school counselors, social workers and principals the organization offered each school a financial gift to invest into families in need within their school community.
Charitable Organizations: Outreach has partnered with charitable organizations who provide for our citizens by making financial contributions. Some of these organizations include:
- Code 3 Response – Provides assistance to area first responders critically injured in the line of duty or who have suffered a catastrophic life event.
- Camp Fury STL – A six-day, five-night resident camp for girls, campers train alongside female firefighters and law enforcement officers to learn firefighting and EMS skills, practice defensive tactics and develop investigative abilities.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association – A nonprofit health agency dedicated to curing muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases by funding worldwide research.
- Circle of Concern Food Pantry – Feeding approximately 2,000 people in west St. Louis County, food pantry clients must have a household income up to 185 percent of the federal poverty level.
- Midwest Burn Camp – This residential camp is provided for children ages six to seventeen who have survived burn injuries and smoke inhalation.
Automated External Defibrillator (AED): Qualifying, nonprofit organizations within the community were presented with an AED in the event of a cardiac emergency.
Toys for Tots: Outreach hosts several collection posts annually to collect toys for the less fortunate in partnership with the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves.